If you strive to buy a luxury car, purchasing a used model can save you money and provide access to more features. Buying a used luxury car can be a productive and satisfying experience if you know what to look for. Luxury sedans, SUVs, hatchbacks, wagons, etc. offer higher-quality materials, more comfort, and advanced technologies.
Why Buy a Used Luxury Car?
There are many benefits to buying a used model. Here’s what you get when you buying a used luxury car:
- A Higher-End Car: With used vehicles in general, you get more for your money. You can buy, for example, a Mercedes Benz, for much less than the new market price. Used cars often have materials such as wood trim, leather seats, aluminum inserts, massaging seats, heated steering wheels, and not to mention larger engines.
- Well-Maintained: The previous owner most likely took good care of their investment. Used luxury cars are therefore often in pristine condition. But don’t just assume; check the vehicle history report before you make a final decision.
- Less Depreciation: New cars depreciate about 20% during their first year, on average.1 Luxury models can depreciate significantly due to their high cost. However, a used car won’t decline in value as rapidly; yet you can still drive a high-quality vehicle.
- Warranties: Used car dealerships often provide comprehensive warranties that cover service and maintenance for a certain time (certified pre-owned cars include a warranty). Third party extended warranties may also be available. When servicing your car at the dealer, they may provide a free loaner car while service is being completed.
- Comfort/Convenience/Safety: Luxury cars have all modern-day conveniences, such as automatic climate control, self-dimming headlights, power mirrors, GPS navigation, Bluetooth, and many others. High-quality audio systems are often included. And soft-close doors, smart windshield wipers, and powered trunk lids add more convenience than ever.
You can also expect the latest safety technologies. In addition to backup cameras and blind spot monitors, you’ll get features such as rear cross traffic alert, smart cruise control, and keyless entry. Not to mention top-of-the-line air bags and seat restraints.
Test Driving Your Used Luxury Car
Before buying a used luxury car, it’s important to take a test drive and get a feel for the drive and handling. When you get in the car, get a visual and tactile feel of the surfaces and features you’ll most often use. It should feel like a luxury car. Also, look for features you don’t ordinarily find in a mainstream model. Then look around the outside to make sure the vehicle possesses the elegance and quality of a luxury car.
When driving, the car should feel comfortable, handle the road with ease, and perform to expectations. The cabin should be quiet, especially when it comes to road, engine, and wind noise. Lastly, verify the car meets your needs in addition to being the one you truly want.
While a standard luxury car can signify comfort, many prefer the enhanced look and performance of sportier models. Brands that offer quality without sacrificing comfort include Lexus, BMW, and Porsche. While exclusive, Audi, Mercedes-Benz, Volvo, and Jaguar are known for solid handling and practicality. There are also many compact luxury cars that are great for busy urban or winding rural roads.
Visit Hawthorne Auto Square
Are you thinking of buying a used luxury car? We offer a wide range of top luxury car brands. Our Los Angeles used car dealership is committed to high quality and affordability and even helps people with bad credit find financing. A buy here pay here model allows us to provide flexible pricing plans, with approval in minutes. To learn more, call us at 866-707-7664 to schedule an appointment or browse our inventory online.