If the hype about the Tesla Model Y has gotten your attention, we’ll delve a little into it. Hawthorne Auto Square is the premier buy here, pay here dealership to find a used Tesla in Los Angeles. The Model Y is an option over the Model 3, Model S, or Model X. We won’t waste any more time building the excitement as to why a used Tesla Model Y is a great vehicle.
Why the Tesla Model Y?
The Model Y is an all-electric small crossover SUV. Introduced in 2020, it shares the same platform as the Model 3, but is a little taller and its five-seat capacity can be increased to seven by adding a third row of seats. Here are a few reasons the Model Y is one of the most popular cars on the market:
- Range: According to Tesla, the Model Y can achieve up to 330 miles on a single charge and can recharge up to 162 miles in 15 minutes at any Supercharger location (Tesla has 40,000+ worldwide). The Long Range model can achieve 131 MPGe in the city and 117 MPGe on the highway, per EPA estimates. But you can still get a comfortable 115 MPGe city and 106 MPGe highway with the Performance model.
- Simple Controls: The speedometer, climate controls, and infotainment features (which include video games and Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube apps) are featured on the mid-dashboard display. But many are locked out when the vehicle is moving, to prevent drivers from being distracted on the road.
- Spacious Interior: The amount of legroom and headroom in the Tesla Model Y is suited for long drives. High-quality upholstery and a panoramic glass roof also help make it feel more roomy. The glass contributes to an airy feel but is tinted to help block the heating effects of the sun, so your ride always stays comfortable.
- High Safety Rating: The Tesla Model Y has a 5-star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. It includes Tesla’s Autopilot semi-autonomous driving system and an optional self-parking feature. Other safety technologies include automated emergency braking with pedestrian detection, lane-departure warning with lane-keeping assist, and adaptive cruise control with semi-autonomous driving mode.
- Power/Performance: With a used Tesla Model Y, you get a dual-motor, all-wheel drive vehicle that can go from 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds and reach a top speed of 155 mph. It’s known for its handling and stability. The battery is positioned at the base to reduce the car’s center of gravity. An aerodynamic design and regenerative braking system help improve the car’s range.
Why Buy a Used Tesla Model Y
Its range, ease of control, safety rating, and performance aren’t the only reasons to consider a used Tesla Model Y. Other perks include:
- Over-the-Air Updates: Frequent updates and enhancements can leave new buyers feeling left out. Tesla has found a way around this with over-the-air updates instead of redesigning the vehicle to achieve Autopilot, Battery Management System, and other updates. You get the latest functionality without buying a new car, which is great for used Tesla Model Y owners.
- Great Mileage: The mileage on used EVs is typically not that high. Nonetheless, Tesla’s battery packs retain most of their capacity even at 200,000 miles. And it’s not uncommon to find a used Model Y with as little as 50,000 miles on the odometer.
- Practicality: In its standard configuration, the Model Y comfortably fits five adults. The rear seats fold back to increase cargo space to up to 76 cubic feet. An increase in headroom is enabled by the fact the car has no gasoline engine, gas tank, or transmission.
- Value: According to Focus Online, a German company, the Model Y has the best residual value of any EV. It found the vehicle retained 64% of its original value over four years.1 You’ll not only save by purchasing a used Tesla Model Y. It may be possible to benefit later from its resale value.
Shop for a Used Tesla Model Y at Hawthorne Auto Square
If you’re looking for a used Tesla Model Y at a great price, you’ll find it at our Los Angeles buy here, pay here dealership. All our vehicles have passed a rigorous inspection and are covered under our 30-day, 1,000-mile warranty (an extended six-month warranty is available). We’ll even let you take a test drive before making your decision. Our friendly staff will guide you through the buying process, and our financing department can approve you for a loan regardless of your credit or type of income. To learn more, call 866-707-7664 today.