If you need help finding the right used Honda Accord for sale in Los Angeles, we’ll provide information and advice on buying an affordable, reliable, and safe car. The Accord was introduced in 1976 and the 10th generation was unveiled in 2018. Now available as a sedan, it’s been sold as a coupe, hatchback, and wagon over the years. There are still plenty of models, trims, and options to choose from.
The Honda Accord seats up to five passengers and includes plenty of cargo space. Some other perks of owning a recent model year Accord include:
- Space: The Accord’s cabin offers up to 39.5 inches of headroom and 42.3 inches of legroom.
- Power: The standard 1.5L 4-cylinder engine delivers 192 hp; a 2.0L, 252 hp turbocharged engine is available.
- Safety: The Accord comes with the safety features of the Honda Sensing® Suite plus anti-lock braking, brake assist, and Vehicle Stability Assist™ with Traction Control.
Start Your Search for the Right Honda Accord
Accords are known to be still going strong after 15 years. Recent Honda models include more safety features, but you can find a great-performing car with 100,000+ miles on the odometer. The right car depends on your needs and preferences. Here are a few considerations for help finding the right used Honda Accord for sale in Los Angeles.
The trim levels for the 10th generation Accord include:
- Honda Accord LX: The standard trim features a dual-zone automatic climate control system plus collision mitigation, lane-keeping assist, traffic sign recognition, and other safety technologies.
- Honda Accord Hybrid: An in-line 4-cylinder engine can generate 181 hp, and the hybrid’s EPA-estimated fuel economy rating is 48 mpg for both city and highway driving.
- Honda Accord Sport: Adds 19-inch alloy wheels and integrates Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ to pair a smartphone with the infotainment system.
- Honda Accord EX: Offers luxury features such as the One-Touch Power Moonroof and heated front seats.
- Honda Accord EX-L: It has a leather-trimmed interior, a 450-watt audio system, and a driver’s seat that recalls your preferred position and adjusts automatically when you sit.
- Honda Accord Touring: Is fully loaded with features, including ventilated front seats, a wireless phone charger, and a mobile hotspot.
Earlier models still have a lot to offer. For example, the eighth-generation Accord from 2008 to 2012 was available as a coupe. The Crosstour was a wagon-like model. Luxury features like heated front seats, power lumbar support, Bluetooth connectivity, and navigation were available with the SE and EX trims.
The ninth generation was available from 2013 to 2017. It included a coupe, sedan, and Sport trim. A major update was the automatic continuously variable transmission (CVT), while a 6-speed manual transmission was an option. For 4-cylinder models, fuel economy reached up to 36 mpg; V6 models got up to 34 mpg with the automatic transmission (a hybrid model launched in 2014 achieved an estimated 50 mpg city).
If you’re on a smaller budget, eighth- and seventh-generation Accord models are priced lower. Yet they include enough conveniences and safety features to get you by. Ninth-generation models are reasonably priced, especially if you buy a lower-mileage base model rather than a higher trim level with more mileage. The Accord holds its value quite well compared to other cars.
Tips for Finding the Right Used Honda Accord for Sale in Los Angeles
The following steps can help simplify the used car buying process. If you’ve decided to invest in a used Honda Accord:
- Determine What You Can Afford: Consider the purchase price plus fees and taxes, interest on your car loan, and insurance and maintenance costs.
- Obtain Financing: Get pre-approved for financing with your dealership. Their offer will help determine a price range you can afford and how much of a down payment to save up for.
- Research Cars: Car reviews, used car listings, and dealership inventories (online and in-person) can help find a car that meets your needs and fits your budget.
- Get a Vehicle History Report: Using the car’s vehicle identification number, you can learn if it was ever damaged by a collision, fire, or flood. You can also see the title status, verify odometer readings, and see the car’s maintenance and service history.
- Test Drive/Inspection: When you have a vehicle in mind, take a test drive to feel it out, and have it inspected by an independent mechanic.
- Complete the Paperwork: Once you’ve negotiated a fair price, read the contract carefully and check for extra costs. Make sure all documents are complete and correct before signing them.
Visit Hawthorne Auto Square
We have a large inventory of used Honda Accords for sale, including previously leased vehicles. If you prefer a certain trim level or set of features, our representatives will help find what you want and need. We’re a buy here, pay here dealership. In-house financing is available regardless of your credit history and source of income. To learn more and receive help finding the right used Honda Accord for sale in Los Angeles, visit us or call 866-707-7664.